How easy is it to help families living with Fragile X? Easier than you think! All you have to do is join us for the NFXF Let 'Em Know 5K! The Fragile X Association of Utah is proud to support the National Fragile X Foundation’s 'Let ‘Em Know 5K' event with the creation of our own fundraising team! Please join us to raise awareness and money for Fragile X!
- Register and create your fundraising page
- We send you the custom race shirt and bib
- Ask the people you know to support you through your fundraising page
- Run/walk 3.1 miles whenever you want during Awareness Month in July!
- And that's really it!
Our UTAH Community Support Network group is getting ready for the NFXF Let ‘Em Know virtual 5K. Awareness month is just around the corner and we need to get ready. Whether you are an experienced fundraiser or a novice, this is the easiest fundraising you will ever do. You set up a page and then send the link to your family and friends asking they support you in your fundraising efforts. There is the opportunity to personalize your page with a family photo and share your Fragile X story. The funds raised through NFXF’s Let ‘Em Know 5k Virtual Event supports the mission of the Foundation and therefore directly benefits all individuals and families living with Fragile X both locally within our group and nationally.
Attached are instructions for setting up your own fundraising page under our Utah Community Support Network Team page. We have set a goal of $10,000 as a group. Please send the link to your fundraising page to your personal network or family and friends, whether they know about Fragile X or not. This is your opportunity to not only help raise funds but also to create Fragile X awareness on a larger scale to those who may never come into contact with it.
We will be sending out Awareness Facts and other Fragile X messaging throughout July and will be sure to forward it along so you can share this information with your family and friends.
Directions: Follow the link below to our page and then hit JOIN this event. You will then have 2 options: START your fundraising page or REGISTER for this event. In order to get a LEK15 t-shirt and race bib you must hit REGISTER. From this page you will be able to both order your t-shirt and set up your fundraising page. If you do not wish to register for a t-shirt you can hit JOIN and that will take you directly to the page where you will set up your personal fundraising page. The instructions attached will also give detailed step by step instructions should you need more information.
Get started today… the sooner, the better!
- Register* by June 12th to ensure you receive a NFXF Let ’Em Know 5K race shirt and bib # by choosing “Join this Event" and "Register for the Event."
- Create your personal Fundraising Page by choosing “Start a Fundraiser”
- Share your personal Fundraising page with your personal network of family, friends, colleauges, etc.
- Put on your official NFXF “Let ‘em Know” race shirt, lace up and hit the road on your own virtual 5k. Have friends and family join you for support and to create more awareness than ever before.
- Take and post pictures to share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #NFXFLetEmKnow. Don’t forget to send photos to NFXF and your local Community Support Network.
- Complete your run or walk by July 31, 2015.
* Note: Participants must register by June 12 to guarantee their shirt will arrive in the mail by July 1. Limited sizes are available, so please order today!
Thank you for helping make a difference!